- KYC : Know your customer, alternatively known as know your client, is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship.
- PEP : politically exposed person is a term describing someone who has been entrusted with a prominent public function. A PEP generally presents a higher risk for potential involvement in bribery and corruption by virtue of their position and the influence that they may hold.
- PIV : Payment Instrument Verification – The iSignthis patented method uses the transaction value at the point of sale, such that the sales amount as agreed between the eMerchant and cardholder, is split into two (or more) amounts, with the first amount being a randomly generated value, and the second value being the balancing amount between sales amount and the random value.
- CRM : Customer-relationship management is an approach to manage a company’s interaction with current and potential customers. It uses data analysis about customers’ history with a company to improve business relationships with customers, specifically focusing on customer retention and ultimately driving sales growth.
- APM : Application performance management In the fields of information technology and systems management, application performance management (APM) is the monitoring and management of performance and availability of software applications. APM strives to detect and diagnose complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service.
- UBO : Ultimate Beneficial owner the person or entity that is the ultimate beneficiary of the company. Certain financial and other organisations, including banks, currency exchange offices and insurers, are subject to mandatory disclosure of the UBO if doing business with any party.
- 3DS : 3Ds is the tool protecting the two of the most common chargeback codes a merchant will see are Fraud codes, mainly “Fraudulent Transaction” or “Cardholder Does Not Recognize.” 3Ds offers no protection for other chargeback reason codes, like “subscription cancelled”, “product not provided”, “duplicate” codes.